I'm still kinda in disbelief that its already December 29th and another year is about to end. I'm eager and excited to see what 2011 brings my way - but first I thought I'd put together my top 10 things from the year 2010.
Drum roll please... and in no particular order:
|Fashion + giving back = excellent.|
1) Toms shoes. I guess I kinda joined the bandwagon late on this one, but I'm glad I did finally get there. My first pair is in red (notice how I said first?) but I may go back for seconds on the navy ones, too. I also noticed on a section on the website that you can sign up to be a shoe dropper. If I had the time and ability, I'd totally do it!
2) Mobile food festivals. Whoever came up with the idea to bring a whole bunch of food trucks into one area, add music and alcohol is brilliant. We had the pleasure of going to one in Seattle and also hit up one in our hometown. I really liked being able to have a sampling of everything in one place. Not quite sure what my favorite has been, though.
|who knew birds could be so angry?|
4) Ankle booties. I finally mustered up the guts to get a pair from jcrew and I'm in love. They go with everything - and once I added in some arch padding they're perfect.
|Take a walk on the wild side...|
5) Leopard print anything. Okay, not anything but... I'm loving the animal print trend. If you're wanting to try it out, I got an awesome leopard print scarf from H&M for about 12.00 that really has helped me ease into the prints. Plus it looks fantastic with black! I also snagged a leopard print top that I think would look great under a boyfriend blazer with dark jeans. The last thing I'm craving is a subdued leopard print cardigan.
6) The new mac and cheese movement. Mac and cheese + truffle oil = a godsend. Reinventing the classic comfort food has suddenly let mac and cheese grow up from the good old blue Kraft boxes to something that I don't mind eating at a nicer restaurant.
7) Lace. There's something so feminine and gentle about adding some lace to your wardrobe. I recently picked up the above shirt at the gap's sale and I'm really loving it. It adds a delicate touch without being too overboard.
8) Greek yogurt. Another foodie trend (can you tell I like food?) that has become a breakfast staple at my office. Greek yogurt mixed with honey and some low fat granola is a healthy breakfast that keeps me going. Plus its good for you! My favorite is the Fage brand (that I get in huge tubs at Costco for 5.99).
|Skinny jeans plus heels a shirt is a great date outfit.|
9) Skinny jeans. Who would've thought that I could pull these off? My favorite pair is from Banana Republic because they have stretch, feel amazingly soft, and wear really well. Plus they usually go on sale for great prices (not that you'd need more incentive to get them, though...)
10) Frye boots. I purchased my first pair recently after seeing them go on sale for a steal. And I am in love (more so once I get them on my feet). The Jane 14L's are stunning and go with everything. A boot jack may help in taking them off but I am so thrilled I was finally able to nab these.
Well for now, that's all folks. I'll probably make one more post on Friday with my list for 2011. Hope you are staying dry and warm where ever you are (I actually typed this from my office wearing mittens. ugh).