Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Ode to the J Crew Biennial Satchel

I'm not gonna lie - I'm a former handbag addict. Perhaps I shouldn't say former as much as I should say recovering. I had been eying the J Crew Biennial satchel in store and in the catalogues ever since I first saw it sometime last year. And a few weeks ago when it got marked down online, and had an additional 30% off, well I bit.
Here I am trying the bag on in store. It was love at first sight.
Today's outfit in a dressing room: Blazer and crops: Gap. Bag and blouse: J Crew. Scarf: Jason Wu For Target.

I'm a leather gal - and the leather on this bag is AMAZING. It's probably the softest bag I own now - even softer than bags that I own that are much more expensive. It's a true red (even though the photo above doesn't show it) and I can fit it over my shoulder. The only thing that worries me a bit is color transfer from dark jeans or scratching, but I guess all leather is prone to that. The bag has three zipped compartments and the above pic is holding my wallet, makeup case, headphones, sunglasses, kindle, and a few other miscellaneous items tossed in. I could fit my ipad in there too, but I don't like taking it to and from work so it remains at home. But really - this bag would be perfect to travel with too!

Better pics of today's outfit:
Anyway. Life has been hectic. Work is good and it's hard to believe that in about two weeks we'll be going to Colorado for the first wedding of the season.

Also, for what feels like the first time ever, I bought a pair of white jeans. Thank you target, for cute affordable items that I can test the waters with.

Outstanding summer wishlist items:
Spiked shoes, mint colored sweater, another pop of color blazer, the Asos Penguin blouse I found online the other day..

In wedding news... invitations are here and going out this week. I have a dress fitting on Saturday and my sister and mom are helping me with some stuff :) Trying to keep it a secret... shh!

Hope everyone is having a good week so far... so looking forward to this weekend and an extra day to sleep in!

5 comments:

  1. Love the bag (and outfit). Wearing my Milo scarf today too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello gorgeous red satchel!

    And sending out invites and dress fittings - excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that satchel is gorgeous i'm really impressed that it's from j crew and i adore that blue blazer on you laura!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that bag! Has it kept up well?

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi mrs! it has, although i'm normally pretty cautious with my bags. :)

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting! want to talk more? feel free to send me an email. :)

designed with love by beautiful dawn designs