Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Falling for autumn

First off, as today being September 11 I think we should all take a moment and just pause to remember what happened on this day 11 years ago. I can tell you exactly where I was, what I was wearing... so to those who lost their lives and to everyone affected, I will not forget.


September is already 1/3 over. I can't believe DH and I have been married for a month. We leave for our honeymoon in 19 days (still doesn't feel real). We finally purchased a new point and shoot to take with us and I'm already thinking about having to pack two suitcases and leave one in DC since we'll be back 6 weeks later for another bar mitzvah.

Autumn is definitely in the air in San Francisco - I'm starting to think we might not have a summer afterall here. But I'm loving sweaters, boots, and skinny jeans.
Sweater from target
I got this adorabe fox sweater from my mom for my birthday. I thin he's pretty cute. Although someone though he looked like a cat, I don't mind that either.

Skirt: JCrew, Sweater: Gap, Denim shirt: Nordstroms
I also think yesterday was the last day to wear my floral print skirt (and also, the weatherman lied. it was not 70 degrees yesterday) so this sweater became my best friend yesterday. And it has elbow pads! Another thing I love, elbow pads. 
I also have to say that I think OPI's You don't know Jacques is my new perfect nail color. And really, I have all 5 fingers. It's a great neutral that I'll probably wear all autumn and the first bottle of nail polish I ran out and bought in ages.

This past weekend I also went through my wardrobe and reorganized everything. I'm glad that I can now see exactly what I already own because really, honestly, I don't need any more clothes any time soon. Except for maybe a striped long sleeve shirt to replace the ones that finally wore out. My next thing to tackle - my sock drawer. Because for some reason, they all don't seem to match.

Anyway. Here's to autumn, and the return of cozy sweaters, boots, football Sundays, and family.

7 comments:

  1. Have fun on your honey moon! I hope it's wonderful. (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love football Sundays with the family--it just speaks Autumn to me!! Found you on the bog hop and am now following you via GFC. Would love it if you could visit my site and follow back--I would be super grateful if you could! Thanks for sharing! http://Menopausalmother.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. aw what a great post!! i love the blog's new layout!! you don't know jacques is a perfect neutral. it looks great on you

    and happy monthiversary! xox P

    phiphi's blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. awww yay!! honeymoon!!

    omgggg your target fox sweater is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO FREAKIN' CUTE!!!! argh this is exactly why i wish i was in the US!! i'm missing out on all the cute things at target ::sad face::

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, fall is definitley in the air. And I can't get enough of my sweaters, jeans & boots - yay!! It's seriously such a magical time of year! And... I'm loving your pretty floral print skirt & your styling of it. Such a gorgeous outfit! xo V

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the Sweater and the Outfit with the beautiful Skirt :)
    i´m a new Follower

    Lovely Greetings from Austria ,kisses

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks all for the kind comments! :)

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting! want to talk more? feel free to send me an email. :)

designed with love by beautiful dawn designs