Monday, February 21, 2011

Life lessons.

Today dear blog, I'm going to go in a different direction. I'm usually one of those blogs who like to write about happy fashiony things... but in a recent turn of events I just wanted to get this out there.

Life is precious. Life is short. Quite frankly - I am blessed. I have my health. My family, my BF, my pets and my friends. I've never wondered what its like to be hungry or go without. I have a job, a roof over my head, nice clothes to wear and a healthy savings account. There are so many people who go without - and here I am being a brat about a 500.00 Hermes scarf. How shallow of myself.

And then there's the other side. The ones you love. Cherish them, because you have no idea what tomorrow holds. I'm realizing that I'm really just a tiny blip on the radar of life. Even when I'm gone - things will go on, people will still be here. I mean... I could walk out of my office today and not make it home. Who knows - right? I certainly don't. So be careful. Cautious, but not overly guarded.


1986 with my papa & grandma
I have been fortunate that I never really experienced loss until the age of 23. But at the same time - I have no idea how to react to people who fall terminally ill or pass away. I don't know how to respond, to think, to act. Is what I'm feeling normal? Who knows. But again - what is normal?

Ultimately what I'm really trying to drive home is that you shouldn't wait to tell people things. Don't wait to say I love you or thank you or that you appreciate them. Be spontaneous (within reason). Jump. Dance. Dye your hair and eat ice cream before dinner. Laugh, and laugh often. Write. Don't regret. Play hooky for a day and wander your city. Try new food (don't be scared - if you hate it you don't have to eat it again). Ride roller coasters and travel. Hug, high five, low five, or walk arm in arm with friends. Buy yourself flowers. Put on rainboots and jump in puddles.

Now that I've gotten it out... I just hope I can remember it all.

2 comments:

thanks for visiting! want to talk more? feel free to send me an email. :)

designed with love by beautiful dawn designs