Monday, October 17, 2011

36 hours in LA

This weekend future hubby and I flew an hour south to Los Angeles to attend the wedding of a dear friend. Since we landed so early we had lots of time to explore a bit. iPhone photo roundup below.

Our top list of places:

Randy's Donuts. The big famous donut - we finally found it! Located near the rental car services in Inglewood near LAX these donuts didn't disappoint. 805 West Manchester Boulevard, Inglewood, CA


Omlette Parlor, Santa Monica. FH has been going here ever since he was born. Whenever we're in socal we make it a mission to go there. 2732 Main Street, Santa Monica

Venice beach. Reminds me of Santa Cruz but a little more extreme. Got a little sunburned but had fun people watching.

Getty Center, Los Angeles. My first time here. The gardens were stunning - if I lived in the area I would be there once a month with a picnic and lunch. Amazing collection of work as well - plus its architecturally stunning.  1200 Getty Center Drive, Los Angeles

Old town Pasadena. Lots of shops and restaurants and ice cream to satisfy whatever you are craving. Got to watch my niners win over the lions at a little bar with a bunch of other niner fans.

I'm starting to think that perhaps we should visit la a little more often...

not overcast, just smog...
irses at the getty - just stunning in person.
views from the top of the getty



pumpkins in old town


hibiscus in pasadena that reminded me of hawaii



brunch jam with our wedding date on it


3 comments:

thanks for visiting! want to talk more? feel free to send me an email. :)

designed with love by beautiful dawn designs