Thursday, October 20, 2011

New York.

In less than a month me, FH, my sister, and his sister will descend on NYC for a weekend of fun. I'm thrilled for numerous reasons:

1) I get to go back to NY.
2) My sister is coming, who hasn't really been farther than Denver. Or anywhere without an older relative.
3) I get to work out of my NY based office for a day to finally meet some people who I work with.
4) The food. the shopping. cold weather and an excuse to wear my uggs and boots and scarves.

This time I'm actually going to have chestnuts from one of the street vendors. And eat more street food. Since it's a big up and coming thing here in SF I'd really like to indulge a bit more in it in NY.

Central Park. This is on the top of my sister's list as well. I really hope that there are some leaves left on the trees when we get there.

So, in a nutshell, I'm really excited. I'm glad that my sister is finally going to join me on a trip.  I'm also trying to think of stores to hit up while I'm there - and I think topshop may be on the top of it. I was so excited to get to go to the one in London this year and I found a fabulous old silk scarf there that I can't wait to see the NY store.

And in no particular order, things that will also be a highlight:
Dunkin donuts. There is no dunkin in SF, or anywhere near us. This is usually accompanied by a hot chocolate. Yum.

Serendipity 3. Hopefully it's not cold enough that I can't take my sister to the actual location and have a frozen hot chocolate.

Rockefeller Center. Although we will miss the holiday excitement by about 2.5 weeks I'd really like to try a spin out on the ice.

All the shopping. Bloomies! Barneys! All the other smaller stores that have fun treasures hidden in them.

Little Italy. As if I ever need an excuse to eat more Italian food I'll have to try a cannoli here.

Petrossian. We had brunch here back in 2009 and ever since then I've been dreaming about their cinnamon sugar crusted french toast....

And that's just the things off the top of my head for now. If you've been to NY before feel free to shout out some places that have been awesome finds for you.

4 comments:

  1. I love NY! Excited for you that you get to go soon :) Take lots of pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. most def!! i'm just so thrilled that my sister is coming for once. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. New York sounds so darling, I wish I could holiday there soon.

    I need to first save up lots and lots of money though for the fabulous shopping! ;)


    xoxo,
    Addie
    The Cat Hag

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a love-hate relationship with Rockefeller Center. Having grown up in NYC, I get that it is THE place to visit when you're in the city for the holidays, but holy moly crowds!
    Have fun in the city, girl!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting! want to talk more? feel free to send me an email. :)

designed with love by beautiful dawn designs