Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Life Lately


Counting down to a week off of work is often one my favorite things to do. For Thanksgiving this year DH and I are going to the Carolina's to visit family, and leave the Saturday before Thanksgiving for a full week off. I'm excited as I've never been there and would love to get my fill of Southern comfort food (although I worry about my waistline... oof). And hopefully there will be some pretty colored leaves still waiting on tree branches by the time we get there.So if anyone is in the Asheville area of NC I'd love some food/sight seeing/must do recommendations!

I've also been reflecting on a certain aspect of my life that tends to take up 40 hours a week. And reflecting upon how I could/should exercise more, but I guess around this time of year I tend to want to hibernate. And I'm sure that donut I had Sunday night didn't do me any favors.

The Nordstrom semi annual sale has been giving me a run for my money. I bought a pair of boots, but then tried these on and now have no idea which ones to keep. There's part of me that would love to start my wardrobe over but money and space prevent me from doing that. And then if I won the lottery, there's these. And don't even get me started on plaid/flannel - I pretty much want to live in it.

So - I hope for more interesting items soon. What has caught your eye recently?

7 comments:

  1. HI Laura! Yay for family visits!!!!

    And fall is a grand time for introspection - this time last year began my journey so maybe there is something in the air...

    As for your choices - damn they are all good. Which match best with your existing wardrobe? Which, if you were heading to outer space, would you take with you? There is always a favourite... The fact that you are looking at the brown pair makes me think those could be it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do have to give my DH major credit, as he has been the one encouraging me to take a step back.
      I know on the boots, right? Well, we shall see. ;)

      Delete
  2. the boots are great - i don't know which to pick!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you have fun in North Carolina! Some of my family lives in South Carolina, but I can't give much in way of suggestions for NC. Meanwhile, I am counting down the days until Thanksgiving break too.... 8 more! I am totally loving plaid as well. It's definitely going to be part of my fall/winter uniform.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katie! Are you doing anything fun for Thanksgiving?

      Delete
  4. I'm a sucker for buckle details on boots, so I am digging the second pair. However, there's something really clean and streamlined about that first pair ... so I'm no help. ;o)

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting! want to talk more? feel free to send me an email. :)

designed with love by beautiful dawn designs