Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Holiday nails

Readers, I apologize for my absence over the past few days. I came down with a horrid cold that kept me cooped up for most of Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. I'm still suffering from congestion and a runny nose and cough, so hopefully I'll be better before getting on board that plane on Sunday.

Today I thought I'd talk about something that I love... indulging myself in manicures and pedicures. Seriously - when I look down and see nicely colored nails there's a little part of me that squeals every time. With Dave's holiday party on Friday night, two get togethers on Saturday and then vacation starting Sunday I decided to look into the new gel manicures that have been gaining popularity. It's similar to having acryllics put on but there's no nasty formula that goes with it or ruins your nails - and its supposed to last 3 weeks. So I ponied up my 28.00 (which is cheaper than a manicure a week + tip, mind you) and plunked myself down for a gel manicure.

The process itself took quite a while. It took about an hour because you have to let each layer of polish dry invididually underneath a dryer. So you're looking at 5 layers - your base, three layers of color, and then a top coat. But let me tell you... today is day 5 and my nails still look as if I got them done earlier today. Sure the process is a bit intense, but the major difference is that they were dry right away. Which means not having to worry about smudging or messing up my manicure.

Here's a photo - I quite enjoy this red. It's very similar to OPI's "I'm not really a waitress". So needless to say... I'm happy. We'll see how well it holds up after time in the sun and swimming pools...

And just so this isn't text only - a lovely shot of my hands on day 4. Four!!!! (sorry for the awkard lighting in my office... but there's no chips or anything).

0 comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for visiting! want to talk more? feel free to send me an email. :)

designed with love by beautiful dawn designs