Monday, July 9, 2012

Monday stripes & One Lovely Blog Award

If you took one glance outside the windows today you'd think that it was winter. Ah, summer in San Francisco usually involves fog - so take note visitors - wear layers.

And with today being Monday (and me being tired) with the new work week ahead of me I decided to play it casual but warm. I picked up this striped tippi sweater yesterday that was marked down at J Crew (I couldn't resist, it was stripes..I love stripes) and just paired with a white button down for a casual but still work appropriate look for Monday in the office.
Tippi sweater: JCrew, jeans and button down: Banana Republic; shoes: gift from Morocco; watch: Michele
I kinda can't get enough of stripes. I'm still on the hunt for a striped blazer and am considering a few - there's one I'm eying from Lands End. And of course there's the J Crew Factory maritime stripe blazer. Decisions, decisions!

Life has definitely gotten busy. We are officially 33 days until our wedding day (yay!) and life has been consumed by the small details outside of my 9-5 - so thanks everyone for being patient over the past week while my posts got few and far between.

And speaking, of a huge thanks to Jeannie of Colorful Corporate who awarded me with the One Lovely Blog Award.

As part of getting this award I'd like to go ahead and nominate 15 lovely ladies to receive this as well.

Lisa of Respect the Shoes
Katie of Hello Katie Girl
Phiphi of Phiphi's Closet
Cori of La Vie Petite
Glistenpearls at Glistenpearls
Cindi at PurrinCup
My4Boys at Tweed and Toile
Katherine at Feather Factor
Cate O at A Package A Day
Rosa at Love at First Shop
Chris at Granola2Glam
Mez at Domestic Divinity
Aili & Ailyn at Jane Squared
Hannah at 17 Inch Heart
Tokki & Oliver of Tokki & Oliver

And thank you to everyone for reading/commenting/coming along this ride with me - you all are so great!

5 comments:

  1. I am totally loving stripes too! Maybe its the summer vibe?! Kind of nautical?! :-) I am so excited for you to go to Amalfi...it really is one of the most romantic places EVER!!!! I replied to your comment on my blog, but I thought I'd pop over and leave a comment here too...we stayed at the Palazzo Sasso which I would HIGHLY recommend to anyone, it was amazing. But there are also little bed and breakfast places all around Amalfi that you really can't go wrong with. But if you're willing to splurge, I'd totally go with one of the "leading hotels of the world" recommendations which is how we heard about Palazzo Sasso! Oh you're going to have so much fun, and congrats on the wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Tipi sweater looks fabulous on you! I am just like you, I can't get enough of stripes either. I have way too many articles of clothing with stripes in my wardrobe!

    Thank you so much for nominating me for the one lovely blogger award! That is so sweet! I like following you blog too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you so much for nominating my blog for the lovely blog award!!

    i nominated your blog for the lieber blog award my blog has the details!! xox P

    phiphisblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. aww heart this so nautical chic!!!! i love your loafers and the bright pop of color on your nails laura!!!

    muhaha yes my husband is a riot.. sorta. hahahah..

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting! want to talk more? feel free to send me an email. :)

designed with love by beautiful dawn designs