Thursday, November 4, 2010

The Challenge.

While stumbling around various blogs that I read and following links to others I found the blog of Kendi Lea. I was immediately drawn to her awesome outfits, whimsy accessories and loved her commentary. And then I spotted her challenge - 30 for 30. You take 30 items from your closet (coats and accessories excluded) and remix them into 30 outfits for 30 different days. Oh, and no clothes shopping.

Holy cow - no shopping? How will you ever survive! you are probably asking. But... for some reason... I think I'll be okay. My closet has grown to a beastly proportion and I think by shopping it more often and remixing items that I'll not only curb my shopping hunger but learn to appreciate what I have.

So - here's my question to you. Are you in?

Kendi Everyday: Announcing...

And so this post kinda stays on track with my photo theme - I saw this while walking around potrero hill the other day. I thought it was pretty so I snapped a photo. It kinda made my day. Also - for anyone in the bay area - Arch drafting on Missouri and 17th is one of the coolest stores I've ever been in. I'll have to go back when I have more time and just wander. And when I have money, too.

Anyway. Still thinking long and hard about a few things... hopefully more on that later.

Have a great Thursday!

3 comments:

  1. I think I could do the 30 for 30, but no shopping? Really? I have one store I go to without fail every week. I would miss the girls that work there! Maybe I can get on board for the outfits, but I can't forsake my favorite past time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello fellow 30 for 30 remixer! good luck, i look forward to following your mixes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi gals! thanks for the good wishes!

    nikki, i know... its going to be rough. at least i got to shop the nordies semi annual sale before!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting! want to talk more? feel free to send me an email. :)

designed with love by beautiful dawn designs