Tuesday, November 23, 2010

On growing.

As of late I've felt that I'm in fact changing. I don't know if you would call it a growth spurt, but its something. I've been re-evaluating some things in my life and contemplating what to do next with them.

1) Work. I can tell you right now that I'm not happy with what I'm doing. What would I rather be doing? Obviously not what I'm doing now. But my real question is what would I do that makes me happy. I quite frankly have no idea. Obviously something more in the creative field. I would love to eventually make photography or writing into a career but I'm way too amateur for that. But regardless - the point that I'm trying to make is that I'm incredibly unhappy job-wise at the moment and I'm doing everything in my power to try and change it (come on google, you know you want to hire me.)

2) Relationship-wise. Something big is coming. I can tell you for sure that 2012 will have wedding bells. I'm excited, nervous, a little scared, and incredibly happy. I'm thrilled beyond belief to know that we are moving toward getting engaged and anytime it happens I'll probably burst into tears and then jump up and down.

3) My self image. Okay laura, lets face it. Your metabolism is not the same as it was back in college. You've sadly inherited hips and a stomach from mom's side of the family. So, I have to go back to exercising. Maybe zumba, or a bootcamp - something. Because I really don't want to look like a whale as I enter 2011.

4) Do something good for someone else. I have so much stuff laying around the place that's unused - body care stuff up the wazoo. So instead of hoarding it for when kingdom comes, I think I'd like to put together baskets for the less fortunate. I have a ton of brand new Hello Kitty stuff (um mom, I'm 26 now) that I think some little girl may love. So I need to get going on that. Just need to find a place in the city that would take all of it.

So, that's kinda where I'm at right now. I have been doing better and my shopping ban has helped. I've been working on the Christmas presents for my cousins, and the only people left are Dave and my sister.

Other than that... I'm just waiting, waiting, waiting for the clock to strike 6 so I can go home.

And some pretty tulips that I spotted earlier this year - just because.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for visiting! want to talk more? feel free to send me an email. :)

designed with love by beautiful dawn designs