Friday, February 10, 2012

Six months out - a wedding update

It's a little hard to belive that FH and I have been engaged for almost 11 months - and we're getting married in 6 (to the date tomorrow).  While getting the larger items out of the way was pretty easy it's the smaller details that are starting to catch up to me and make me stress like mad.

Here's what we have so far...
Our venue/chef - The City Club
DJ/Photobooth - A photobooth was the one thing I really wanted so huzzah!
Photographers - I'm so excited to work with our pick!
Officients - we are having both a rabbi as well as a priest to encompass both sides of our soon to be formed family
Strings booked
Wedding dress/wedding shoes (no peeking, either!)
Save the dates - ordered and sent! Thanks to hello lucky for their quick turnaround time!
Ours are in our colors though... Design available at Hello Lucky!
Bridesmaids dresses - thank you anthro for having such cute stuff
Mani/pedi location rented out for morning of pampering

Appointments made for:
Cake tastings!
Wedding bands at the jewelry showroom

Need to do:
Engagement pics
Formal invitations
Set up menu tasting with chef
Do not play list + first dance song (harder than I thought!)
Honeymoon arrangements - Italy and Munich here we come!
Photo via here
Decide on where to get ready prior to the wedding - at a hotel or at the venue?
Hair walkthrough with my lady CJ
Dress tailoring - I need to pick it up and bring it to the seamstress
Order gifts for the bridesmaids, FH, and a small something for my parents
Flower designs

And everything small and large in between. I definitely can see how wedding planning can be a full time job - oi! Regardless, I'm still eagerly counting down the days until I get to walk the big aisle on my day.

Any of you married gals... what helped you in planning your big day?

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

5 comments:

  1. simply great. love it all.
    http://paquetevistasbien.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Look at you go! You already have so much done! My only advice is to just have fun with it, and kiss whenever it gets stressful.

    My favorite memories are dancing around the living room with Rob while we tried to decide on music (both good and bad), and stopping for kisses amid all the "day before" stress (because our Rabbi ordered us to practice our ceremony kiss 100 times).

    Just trust that all the little bits will fall into place, and you will have a beautiful wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So exciting! Cannot wait to hear more about your plans!

    ReplyDelete
  4. awww congrats hon!! it looks like you've done so much already! so excited for you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks so much all :) one more thing off our list... bought our wedding rings this weekend!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting! want to talk more? feel free to send me an email. :)

designed with love by beautiful dawn designs