Thursday, June 28, 2012

Casual Thursday

I have to admit that today I just wasn't in the mood. Perhaps its been the few hours of sleep I've been missing the past few nights by laying awake contemplating everything from work to the wedding, or maybe its the fact that when I check the weather at night before bed it says one thing and then drastically changes when I wake up in the morning.
Jeans: Banana Republic; Blazer: Frenchie; Blouse: JCrew; Necklace: Franchesca's Collection; Scarf: Gift
Regardless, today I just decided to err on the casual side, especially since I have a meeting at our wedding venue after work (and I have to put up with air conditioning blaring down on me for 9 hours a day at the office so layers are always nice).

I have to tell you that I'm really excited over this scarf. It was a gift and I had ordered something just like it a few months ago and then bam. It was lost in the mail. So imagine how thrilled I was when this popped up!
I also feel as though I took a bit of a chance on the beaded necklace. It was on uber sale for 9.00 and I don't normally gravitate toward orange but I really like this combo. It's the first of a big chunky necklace kind that I've purchased and I really like it. I'm hoping to branch out a bit more with statement necklaces/chunkier pieces to add a bit of pizazz to my outfits. That way, I can mix and match and feel as thought I can turn an old favorite outfit into something new.

This weekend is my bridal shower... I'm so excited! I can't believe that it's almost July. We've started to get more and more little pieces of things in the mail for the wedding and the RSVP's are still trickling in.

So... talk to me about accessories. What's your current favorite piece and why? I do have a necklace coming in the mail from etsy that I'm so excited to have come and that might be my new favorite piece. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for visiting! want to talk more? feel free to send me an email. :)

designed with love by beautiful dawn designs