Monday, May 13, 2013

Dear body:

I'm officially sorry. I know that recently I've put you through a few rough days (alcohol,  bad resort food, and uhm that sunburn) but I did want to issue you an apology.

I'm sorry for all of the times that I've hated you, that I said I disliked certain aspects of you. I guess now at 28 I can tell you I appreciate the freckles that dot my face and shoulders. I'm beginning to like my curves, even though we both can agree that we might do best if we lost a few pounds. My boobs are okay, too. And I have hips, which everyone says will be good for having kids (so lets cross our fingers on that one, k?).

I'm sorry for always wishing you looked different - blue eyes, blonde hair, green eyes, black hair. The fact is, I'm shouldn't have tried to change you but instead embraced you for what you are. Sure, a size 7.5 and wearing a 29 in pants is pretty generic but hey there shouldn't be anything wrong with that.

I'm also really sorry for those dark times in high school when I cut you. I hope you realize it wasn't anything personal- I was just incredibly sick and didn't know what else to do.

I do hope you can appreciate my tattoos - although you might have hated how they felt when they were getting done, they are important marks of times of my life that I wanted to preserve on you. And I'm also sorry for getting my navel pierced because lets both face it - that hurt. But we can also agree on how much we love that nose stud. Thank God its back!

So body, we still have quite a few years left together *knocks on wood* and I promise to keep you in good shape, feed you healthy things and cut back on the fries. And beer. And put on more sunscreen.

You and I are in this together, so lets have some fun. And maybe add another piercing while we're at it. No regrets, right?

Love,
Laura

4 comments:

  1. Why are we always so hard on our poor bodies?
    My body loved this post and now I have to go beg myself for forgiveness because oh, fries and beer! I get it. I totally get it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? we only get one.. we should treat it right.
      and oops, i had tacos and a beer for dinner. :O

      Delete
  2. no regrets! what a beautiful post, Laura! we are so critical of ourselves, it's so important to see the real perspective. you gave me some today with this letter to your body. mine will take a few lessons from this too! <3 xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, phiphi! :) would love to see what you come up with!

      Delete

thanks for visiting! want to talk more? feel free to send me an email. :)

designed with love by beautiful dawn designs