Wednesday, May 29, 2013

If I was a DJ...

Happy Wednesday! To celebrate my last Wednesday night of freedom before it becomes a school night (HR classes start tomorrow) we are off to the battle of the bay A's/Giants game tonight. Go A's!

Today's blogging every day in May prompt is for 5 songs that bring back memories. So if I was a DJ and putting together some of the favorite songs from my life these would be it.

Green Day - Good Riddance. This was senior year on repeat, over and over and over again. Love this song and it always brings me back to 2002. ;)

The Beatles - I'm Looking Through You. A favorite from senior year at UCSC when a group of us took a Beatles discography course and I can remember our goodbye party with everyone sitting around a living room singing along to this at the top of our lungs. Plus who doesn't love the Beatles?

Tricia Yearwood - She's In Love With The Boy. It was definitely the 90's when my cousins brought this song back from Colorado to us in California. My Nonno loved this song and we'd always put it on and sing and dance to it. And this video... holy 90's batman!

Van Morrison - Crazy Love (Done by Michael Buble). The song my husband and I did our first dance to. I love the lyrics .. it's just a gorgeous song.

Toto - Africa. No idea how this started but its become a go to for karaoke, group dances on the dance floor, and good for any number of family members belting this song out at any point in time.

Honorable mentions:
Journey - Don't stop believin'. Played this as our second to last song at the wedding and I think its a San Francisco favorite.
LMFAO - Party Rock Anthem. Guaranteed I'll be out on the dance floor before you can recognize what song is playing. I'll bust a move anywhere I happen to be when I hear this come on.
The Beach Boys - I Get Around. Another childhood favorite.. my sister and I would race around our coffee table for no apparent reason other than this song coming on.
UB40 - Red Wine. What can I say, my dad loves reggae.
Toby Keith - How Do You Like Me Now? - I always mentally dedicate this one to the people who put me down. ;)
Backstreet Boys - Everybody. Can we discuss this music video for a second? Genius. And come on.. it's the BSB.

Do you have a few favorite songs that bring you back to a certain place or time in life?

11 comments:

  1. That Green Day song is great!!! I am going to add that to my "Throwback" playlist on Spotify now:) It reminds me of HS, as I think it was chosen as our class song!

    Visiting from Story of My Life link-up:)

    Cheers,
    Alyson

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oooh a throwback playlist - genius!
      thanks so much for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  2. I pretty much love all these songs, I didn't do today's challenge becaus. Didn't think I could narrow it down to five. So hard! The honorable engines was a good idea :)
    Ginny

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your honorable mention to Journey. The last wedding I was at played "Don't Stop Believing" and I was dancing and singing along like crazy.

    "Everybody" by the BSB is a guilty pleasure too. I won't deny my secret love for boy bands and also Britney Spears. I love her "Hit Me Baby One More Time." It reminds me of high school/college and trying to emulate the dance moves!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so the bsb are coming to the bay area in september and i'm seriously thinking about buying tickets. our school uniforms looked just like the one britney wore in the one more time music video so you can assume how well that went over...
      some others good ones: christina augilera - genie in a bottle, n sync - bye bye bye. and anything from 98 degrees. yep, totally a boy band fan. bwahahah.

      Delete
  4. LOVE BSB!!

    .. ok maybe anything BSB. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i love them even now. i have no shame in rocking out to them in the car. bwahahah.

      Delete
  5. Great Musical post :D

    I enjoyed looking at the clips since I don't know all the songs :D

    Thanks for sharing these tracks !


    Have a great day !

    Kisses !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha, I never knew that Green Day song was called "Good Riddance"! I remember hearing it so much when I was younger since it was everyones graduation/going off to college song!

    And I have the same reaction to Party Rock Anthem!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting! want to talk more? feel free to send me an email. :)

designed with love by beautiful dawn designs